Shout out to Hannah Henderson of Hannah Henderson Travel. Thank you so much for the nomination! I'm honoured.
As part of the nomination, I have to surrender a portion of my soul. Just kidding.
Please see the rules for The 'One Lovely Blog Award' as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog
- List the rules
- Share 7 interesting things about yourself
- Nominate at least 10 blogs of your choice (up to 15) for the award
- Link to your nominees and let them know of their nomination, usually by commenting on one of their posts
(I thought of making it all about travel because that's one of the the things I really love talking about)
- My first airplane ride was to Vietnam/Cambodia, which was also my first time to visit another country. I stayed there for three weeks and life has never been the same since then.
- The strangest things I've ever eaten are spiders and crickets. Needless to say, I liked the spiders better.
- I'm a light and quick packer. My trips have taught me how to fold, tuck, and insert things that maximises the space in a short time. When I travel with a group, I usually have the lightest baggage.
- I tend to be very thrifty when travelling. If I can save money by eating street food, I will. If I can save money by walking or taking the public transportation instead of getting a cab or renting a car, I will. I haggle for the lowest prices when buying souvenirs and stay in the cheapest places possible.
- The country I've been to the most is Hong Kong. Last July's visit marks the third time. I love that place because of the food, the transportation, the weather in the spring. It's what I hope Manila will be someday.
- I always travel with a trusty shawl/sarong/malong. Simply because of it's many uses. You can use it as an extra blanket when your room is too cold, or as a fashionable wrap on the beach or a dressing room even! Over the years, I've collected quite a few, varying in sizes and colours.
- I believe in classy comfort. Take for example, plane rides. I know how tiring and uncomfortable that is and how we just want to be in the most comfortable clothes possible. BUT there are ways of being comfortable without looking like you just crawled out of bed. People rarely dress well for flights these days. That's why I want to start the trend of wearing dresses or nice clothes when flying.
- Deedee of Fine and Dandy...Mostly
- Kara of Flowers of Quiet Happiness
- Jamie of Books and Beverages
- Miranda of A Real Writer's Life
- Courtney Clark of The Green Mockinbird
- Suey of It's All About Books
- Jeejai of Love, Learn, and Listen
- Sarah of Kiwiontheloose
- Maria of Global Brunch
- Nicole of Art of Life